Saturday, April 25, 2009

Coleen Carey-Mitchell - Class of '68







Gloria

I came across your blog quite by accident, and a day late and a dollar short, as I missed the reunion in 2008!

I found Bonnie Reed Gallogly a few days ago on FB and she mentioned your blog. Thanks for being a focal point for all of us lost sheep! I graduated from Randolph in 1968. I was only there for a year and a half, but what a great time it was! I'd love to hear from you when you organize another reunion.

For anyone who might be interested, I left Randolph a few days after graduation for Georgia, where I then went to Troy State Unitersity in Alabama for two years. I married my first husband after my sophomore year and put him through 8 years of Dental School before we divorced.......ah, stupidity and youth DO go together. Four years later, married my present husband of 27 years, who was also my next door neighbor at Randolph - Jim Mitchell. I managed to finish college after a 13 year break between my sophomore and junior years! We have lived outside of Atlanta since our marriage.

I worked as as Assistant Manager at Sears, a bank teller at Mellon Bank in Pittsburgh, PA, an Airline Reservationist with US Air, Assistant Director of my college sorority headquarters, Assistant Editor of Field Communications with IBM, and spent 10 years teaching Elementary school. I managed to get two degrees: one in Management and the other in teaching. AND I have not figured out what I want to be when I grow up!

I am a certified SCUBA diving instructor, and teach SNORMING (a Japanese fitness program that combines snorkeling and swiming). I have two horses; my quarterhorse mare whom I have had for 22 years and her daughter (born when my mare was 20 - 2 years ago) who is half quarterhorse and half Trakehner. Our discipline is Dressage (the horses who "dance" in the Olympics). I have high hopes for the youngster and hope I can still ride when she is ready to compete!

I have taken the liberty of attaching a few photos: one of my filly and me a few weeks after she was born, one of our Jack Russel at the computer, and one of my underwater photos. Hope you enjoy them!

I'd love to hear from anyone of my former classmates who remember me........ photocoleen@bellsouth.net

Thanks again for organizing this form of communication and please let me know if you are planning another reunion!

Coleen Carey-Mitchell
April 24, 2009

No comments: