Monday, April 04, 2016

POSTED ON BEHALF OF JEFF LINDLEY - Class of '66 - 4/4/2016


POSTED ON BEHALF OF JEFF LINDLEY:

To my New Braunfels Community and Fellow RoHawks:

I want to personally thank this town for how you have helped me, my family, and Marty’s family during our time of sadness.  My wife, Marty was truly one-of-a-kind lady who influenced so many.  To those of you that may have not known her well or at all, I consider that your loss.  I don’t have the words to express how those who participated in Marty’s life affected my life. 

I can’t speak for Marty’s and my brothers, sister, nieces, nephews, friends of both of us- but I did observe how they were embraced by this community.  How you welcomed them and helped them through this was beyond excellent.  Each family member handled Marty’s death in their own way, and each one had their moment of awareness that Marty will be gone from this earth forever, and that is a very personal and stark reality. 

I will miss Marty for a long time, but am comforted by the certainty that her life on this planet meant something to many and she now dwells in a place of comfort and wholeness with her Lord and mine. 

I pray her being here gave you the resolve to continue good works - She showed you how. 

Thank you.

Jeff Lindley Class of '66 - 4/4/2016
www.martylindleyfoundation.org


Please feel free to post comments below in the comment section or send private email to Jeff at
jlindley@satx.rr.com

1 comment:

Ro-Hawk/Gloria said...

Jeff, Marty was such a great example of a Christian woman in every sense of the word. She never met a stranger and she set such a good example for us to follow. I will try to follow as she lead so many times! Thank you for sharing Marty with all of us. I hope you will find peace knowing that Marty gathered all of us together to help you when you need us the most. Love Gloria and Danny