Wednesday, April 13, 2016

GOOD NEWS! STEVE SWINNEY, CLASS OF '70


11 years ago today I walked out of Baylor Medical Center after 17 days and a stem cell transplant. I was given an extension of life that changed me significantly. Through Gods Grace and healing power I have continued on the journey seeing college graduations , 2 of my children's weddings. 2 incredible births of my grandchildren, a renewed faith, stronger relationships with family and friends , a miracle in Lisa's transplant, and among many other blessings 2 Baylor Big 12 Championships. I BELIEVE in a big loving God that loves me and you enough to send His son to die for us. I pray you know Him too It will make an eternal difference in your life and those you love.




💕Today is such a sweet reminder for me to continue to not take still having my parents here for granted...11 yrs ago today my sister & I got to walk w/ my dad out the doors of Baylor Dallas after spending over 3 weeks in the hospital being treated for stage 3 non-hodgkins Lymphoma. He was having chemo, radiation and a stem-cell transplant and golly was this a very hard time in our lives watching him be so sick. I'm so, so grateful to God that he allowed my dad more time on this earth to spend making more memories with us. Our family is very thankful we can say that he is still in remission/cancer free. Im so blessed to still have you daddy!! "P.A.T.H (prayer, attitude, treatment, health)" ‪#‎Daddysgirl‬ ‪#‎Cancersucks‬ ‪#‎donttakelifeforgranted‬ ‪#‎Prouddaugher‬

Laura Swinney This picture was on the day he arrived @ the hospital and i was obviously crying.

No comments: