Friday, September 05, 2008

PATTIE HALE RAMIE '68



Thanks to Gloria for the fabulous job coordinating all the reunion details and maintaining the RoHawk web site. It has been fun reading about former classmates and seeing the photos. It looks like Randolph was pretty successful in giving alot of "kids" a good start in life. I retired in 2002 after almost 30 years in Human Resources with the State of Texas. My latest position involved writing personnel policy and while I loved my job I was determined to get out before going through another legislative session!! Plus, my husband (Ric) was already retired and he needed someone to be his "go-fer" at home! We live outside Austin by the north shore of Lake Travis and must be gluttons for punishment because we spend most of our time renovating houses. I never expected to be doing carpentry, wiring, plumbing, etc. in my golden years of retirement....I was thinking more about bon-bons and books! But I must say it is personally rewarding when a project is completed. We will become first-time grandparents in March (actually we do have one "grandpuppy", if that counts??). Our son, Brandon, and daughter-in-law, Jennifer, are our pride and joy and have each already accomplished so much academically, professionally and personally. I think my son's specialty in mental health pharmacology might have been chosen with his mother in mind! It's hard to believe so much time has passed and I look forward to hearing what I'm sure will be many interesting stories of our classmates life journeys. Found one 1968 graduation photo to share (Mrs. Harris, Martha McDougall, Kathy McGraw, Carl Meade, Anita Hammonds, Patti Hale, James Meredith). Also, one relatively current photo of Ric, me, Brandon and Jen. Whew, forty years has gone fast.
Patti Hale, '68

No comments: