Wednesday, September 03, 2008

BARBARA BURD PETERS '66




Gloria,


Sounds like this is a party not to miss. And sorry I am going to miss it. Please send my best to all that remember me and those that don't. I have a few memories I'd like to share, Gilda Carney was a hoot and I am sorry to hear of her passing, but will always remember her big smile and the bouncing happy person she was. Dennis Sumner was my neighbor and there were a lot of laughs there too. How could there not be, he was a great friend back then. Charles Pitzer was my hubby in the play "Dear Ruth" that was a fun time that ended too soon as we transferred out and left town at the end of the play, my Senior year. My Soph year was my first year as a Ro-Hawk and I have such fond memories of how I was welcomed at my new school. I will never forget Typing class, I have the miss fortune of not being too good, and, well, remember putting initials up in the right hand corner of our tests? I got some really good grades til I realized these were not my papers!! There was another B.B. (Bill Borellis) in the class so we added a middle initial. My middle name is Kay, and Bill's middle initial was K also, so Bill had to go with W.B. My most embarrassing moment. EVERYONE knew what a lousy typist I was!!! It's pretty funny now. Maybe not so funny to Bill, if he even remembers. I'm still not a good typist!!I have been married for over thirty years and have two sons, both were soccer players and we did a lot of travel as they were on very competitive teams. Guess I was a "soccer mom" before it was in style. I loved every minute. Both boys went to college on scholarships. Neither son is married and I have no grandchildren, I hear it's a blast!! I live in AZ and my brother Robert (Bob) Burd lives in Nevada. My brother was in the class of 67. My father died in 2001, but my mom is still alive and living in Tucson, my baby sister lives in Tucson also. I have had a good life and look forward to hearing from some of you and making the trip for the next reunion. Although I am not there, this reunion has brought such nice thoughts, I am sorry I didn't stay in touch with anyone, Pat Nelson had friends sign my yearbook and sent it too me after I was gone. I would love to hear from any of you that remember me and "the good ol' days".... Gloria, please share this with the other Ro-Hawks. And thank you for all you have done to keep us connected. Have a wonderful time! God bless all of You,


Barbara Burd '66

Barbara

No comments: