Wednesday, August 05, 2009

LIEBERMAN, BOWERMAN and BUEKER

John Lieberman came to visit his mom and dad in San Antonio and asked me to facilitate a lunch for him and try to find a few of his friends.... voila! (the only French I know after two years of French). Lunch at Macaroni Grille in Selma.
These guys hadn't seen each other in 42 years! First we found Jeff Bowerman who had been hiding in Schertz all these years. Jeff '66 married Jan Bueker '67 forty years ago. Jeff enlisted in the Air Force right after graduating high school. He eventually became an air traffic controller and was actually stationed at Randolph for 7 years. Jeff was medically discharged after 22 years. Jan (a nurse who works at the VA Hospital in San Antonio in the spinal cord injury ward) and Jeff have 2 sons and 6 grandchildren. Through Jeff and Jan we found Jan's brother, Bob Bueker '66 and his wife Terese (a retired oil and gas analyst) who have also been married 40 years. Bob graduated from Texas A&M as an architect and is semi retired. Bob and Terese live in Houston, have one daughter and 3 grandsons. We spent 2 hours catching up and taking pictures. Many thanks to Kathy and Linda for being there ... and for being very dear friends and thanks to John for notifying me of his trip here from Shreveport, La where he resides. (Click on these pictures to see emails for Bob, Jeff and John).




















WOW! What a great gathering. I can't thank you enough, Gloria, for helping to put this together. It was the first time I'd seen Jeff since our mini-reunion at the Officers' Club back in '85 and the first time I'd seen Bob and Jan since Graduation in '66. It was great to see you and Kathy and Linda again, too, after our big gathering in New Braunfels last September. I'm hoping to make it home again somewhere around Thanksgiving. I'll let you know as plans come together. Maybe we can do it again -- with a few more additions! 8<{)John Lieberman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John,

I am elated to have made contact with a few of my fellow Ro-Hawks and begin to reconstruct some of the past, the memories of which I have misplaced somewhere in my addled brain. I have little capacity to recall past events by my own efforts, but the recall of others seems to stimulate my ability to recall those specific areas of loss. In a way it's a little funny - I didn't lose any limbs or organs in the wreck, but I did lose portions of my memory.

I am looking forward to the next get together and will stay in touch.

Bob Bueker

No comments: