Tuesday, August 25, 2009

JERRY BALL '65



Gloria,

I got to travel with my sister Janet (RHS, '67) to Fort Benning, GA this month to give the oath of office to Jan's daughter Lori Montgomery as Lori graduated from Officer Candidate School. I also swore Lori into the Army in 2003 when she enlisted so this was a special treat to be asked to participate again.

This picture was taken right after I administered the oath next to the flagpole. I was signing the paperwork while now-2Lt Montgomery beamed in the background.

I am so proud of her - and all the men and women who wear "the Nation's cloth."

Jerry '65

1 comment:

Chuck Elsey 67' said...

Jerry,

I can sure understand your pride in this young woman. I thank her for her selfless service to our country. Say Hello, to your Dad & Sister for me. I bet Grandpa is "Beaming"