Sunday, July 20, 2008

THE INTRUDERS - REMEMBER THEM?

Note from Bill Cain - Schertz:

Attached is a rehearsal pic of the group Intruders, summer of '64, I'm (Bill Cain) on the left and David McDowell is next to me wearing shades. There weren't any other RoHawks in the pic, just me, Bill Cain (Schertz), David McDowell (RHS) our bass player from San Antonio, and Doug McGinnis (SCHS '65). David moved away and was replaced, and we played around SA and RAFB for 2 years.

Gloria's blog revealed her first husband was RoHawk Chuck Pechuls. I knew Chuck very well, he was in a band called the Strangers with my great friend Billy Haines (SCHS '64). A few years ago Billy and I discovered we lived near each other in the DFW metroplex and visit fairly often.

GLORIA- I'm still trying to find my 45 of Hanna Wants A Banana.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots of great blogging going on! I just read the blog from Bill Cain. Can you forward his contact info to me? I was in Wiesbaden before coming to Randolph and played in a junior high band called The Mystics, when Chuck was playing in the Progressors with Bill Haines. I don’t have a copy of Hanna Wants a Banana, but believe I may have been present at the recording session in Schertz. However, I do have a copy of a 45 recorded on 12/12/63 by the Progressors (Chuck, Bill, Tom Russell, Carter Harris) with “Progess” on side 1 and “Happy Amoeba” on side 2. So, tell Chuck I’ve got a copy if he has lost his. And hopefully I can get a hold of Bill Haines through Chuck or Bill Cain. Bill Haines younger brother, Lynn, was in the Mystics with me. Unfortunately Lynn died in his 20’s of cancer. I believe Lynn’s funeral in San Antonio was the last time I saw Bill. But he was a Delta pilot and used to bump into my sister, Robin, when she was a flight attendant with Delta.



So, please forward this to Chuck, Bill, & Bill, or send me their email addresses.



I’d be happy to bring the 45 to the reunion.



Thanks!



Ted Draper