Tuesday, May 06, 2008

KURT LINHOF - '67


Hi Gloria,

I'm Kurt Linhof, class of '67 - Biographically, I spent almost 2 1/2 years at The Ro-Hawk Institute. Have great memories, and good friend Susan Ohman just hooked me up with you and the network, so I'm now on your mailing list and happy to see it's so active. Attached is a pic - I'm still playing music for kicks, and writing and recording, and am a custom electric guitar builder to the stars (Stones, Joe Walsh, John Mayer, Clapton, etc.) but in real life, have operated a Rocky Mountain Oil & Gas consulting company for almost 30 years, which finances my other hobbies habits quite nicely these days. I've been living in Denver since I left Texas, after 10 years of rock & roll in Houston and Dallas, quitting the music business, before it killed me, in 1977. I'm looking at buying something South of here for the winters (Playa del Carmen) as I'm getting too creaky for this Denver weather, as good as it is the rest of the time...If any Ro-Hawk reading this has the hot tip on buying cheap land (hahaha) near the beach south of Cancun, Quintana Roo, I'm all ears. I still love it but San Antonio just isn't far enough south...I'll see y'all at the reunion!

All the best,
Kurt Linhof

Randolph H.S. '67
Go Ro-Hawks!
(you're authorized to put this blurb and pic on the newsletter/poop sheet, or do whatever if you see fit)

No comments: