Sunday, October 07, 2007

JOYCE TROBERMAN RUSING, '66













October, 2007
Gloria, I know I cannot possibly catch up on the last 40 years but I want to thank you for staying in touch with many of our classmates. I don’t know how you find the time – you are amazing!!


I have 3 grandchildren – Berit, almost 3; Gunnar 18 months and Emma 18 months. I wanted to share their pictures because I always LOVE seeing pictures.






We are still in Austin; Ron retired in 1994; my children graduated from college in this area; Dawn received her Masters from Southwest [now it has another name of course] and Richard from UT with his degree in Business and then off to fly in the military for 9 years – he is now an airline pilot living in Austin with his wife and 2 children. Dawn and husband Curtis live in San Antonio with their daughter Emma. Need I say more !!! My life is spent with my kids and the babies. I LOVE every minute of our time together. Ron is amazing with the little ones and all is well. My Dad died in 2004 and my mother moved to Dallas in 2005. She is doing great. My siblings all live in Dallas: Patty, Carol, Jeanne and Rick. There are too many of us to talk about but I have to say we have all been blessed with wonderful lives and families. Hope all is well with you and yours.

We took the family to Aruba Thanksgiving of 2006 – traveling with 3 babies was quite an experience – they were very good and it was a great trip. Now that you have me started on pictures I will share a few more!!@## One is my daughter Dawn and her daughter Emma. The other is my son and his wife deep sea fishing -











I have included a picture of my crew – this was taken the Fall of 2006 –







I love your BLOG – I had no idea that Patti Tyler, Gilda Carney, John Stamply, Joanna Dyas or John Hartig had passed away. That makes me very sad. I will call my mom tonight and let her know. She was great friends with the Stamplys – they lived across the street from us for many years.

I love the pictures of the 1966 crew [my class] – I remember everybody like it was yesterday!

We own a summer home on an Island in Wisconsin – Ron spends many months of the year up there fishing, golfing, hunting etc. I have also included a picture of the view from our front yard up there – with my daughter and husband in the picture.





This is Ron with my niece [Kathy] in Ron’s new Boston Whaler – he decided to get a new boat this year – he said “life is short” – and too many of our friends are leaving the earth …. So enjoy every day – that is what we do!!!


Kathy is my sister Patty’s daughter – Kathy and Patty are attorneys – Kathy practices law in McAllen Texas – she has 2 sons – they also come up to Washington Island during the summer – in fact – most of my family spends time up there during the summers. It is beautiful and we all enjoy being together.

My brother Rick lives on his ranch in Cleburne Texas with his wife Suzy. Their son Toby is an engineer and works in Cleburne. Their daughter Shelly is a lawyer living in Austin Texas.

As I said, BIG FAMILY – many of us to keep up with!!
Joyce Troberman Rusing

No comments: