Friday, August 25, 2006

RON BERGQUIST '64 (PhD)



Gloria,I saw your recent posts through your RSS feed. Looks like you all had a great time in Italy. My big news is that after years of ambling along, I finally finished my dissertation and was awarded my PhD in May. Just about the time I was thinking I was big stuff, I noticed an article in the AARP magazine about a 67 year old woman who was just starting her PhD program, living in the dorm and everything. I guess one is never too old. I have attached a photo taken at graduation. I am standing with a colleague and fellow newly minted PdD, Meredith Evans, and her sister's kids. My brother, David, surprised me by showing up in Chapel Hill to make sure I actually went through the ceremony. He had to then sprint back to Austin to see his daughter graduate from UT.

Ron
zielbewusst@gmail.com

No comments: