Friday, August 25, 2006

JEFF ANDERSON ('63) and JACKIE DARLING ANDERSON ('64)











HI TO EVERYONE!! Here are a few pictures of us: One is of the entire clan together this past May when Reagan got home from Iraq. The picture was taken at Liberty Heights where Jeff's Dad was living at the time. He has since returned to Florida because he preferred to go back to his favorite state. The picture is (from left to right) my Mom, Jane Darling; Jeff's Dad, Andy Anderson; our youngest son, Reagan, Jeff, me, our oldest, Shaun and his wife, Trinity. Another picture is of Jeff taken last fall at Bear Lake in Estes Park, our favorite spot in Colorado. Picture of me was taken last fall when aspens were particularly gorgeous. This was taken at the top of Ute Pass, looking out towards South Park. We so enjoy being in Colorado (where I was born) and having the mountains up close and personal.

I spent a lot of time going through the blog and everyone's stuff. All I can say is "wow".... everyone looks terrific and lots of memories came flooding back. Randolph was a magic time in our lives...it is always remembered as the best. But, I have to admit that I still have trouble wrapping my head around Whizzie being the Pentagon chaplain (congrats Whiz!!!!!)...but Whiz was always one of favorite guys. Loved pics of JD's birthday party as he is always special to my heart. Mostly, glad he turned 60 before I do (I'm still the youngest of the class....)! Carol looks wonderful and Burgoon is still Burgoon. Everyone just looks grand. What a great group we all are!

Can't tell you what happened and why we lost track of you and everyone else, but glad to be "back in the fold" again and great to hear how everyone is doing!

We are still here in the Springs. We are at:

11840 Blueridge Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80921.
Phone is 719.488.4334.

My email is jdaquilter@hotmail.com
Jeff's is jeffanderson45@yahoo.com

We hit a bit of a rough spell this year and hope that 2007 is better. Jeff had quadruple heart bypass surgery on Valentine's Day (what a sweetheart!) but is doing very well. Reagan had second tour of Iraq but made it home safe So, all in all, we are all here, we are fairly healthy and we are together. Doesn't get much better than that.

Hope to hear from folks now that we are back together and hope that everyone has had a good summer.

Take care, all of you, and looking forward to more news!

Much love,

Jackie Darling Anderson
Class of 1964

No comments: