Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Mike Scott - Class of '67

I have been contacted by Mike Scott - who would have been in the Class of '67 had they not been transferred.  We met for lunch a few times and traded addresses of some of the Ro-Hawks he remembered.




I have been trading emails with Lynn English recently in that I only recently found out about Terry. He was a positive influence on many lives. I attended RHS between 63 and 66. My Dad was transferred to Lowry AFB in Denver the Summer after my Junior Year at RHS. My new High School was like a prep school after RHS\, 3300 students 10th - 12th only. I returned to Texas and obtained degrees from Texas State and the University of Texas in Austin before obtaining a Masters from Missouri. My sons played for the Unicorns (New Braunfels) which by fate happened to have me cross paths with Terry a couple of times when he was coaching at East Central (San Antonio) I believe and then the night they dedicated the football stadium to Bob Mickler I was able to speak to Terry and Bobby Mickler Jr. My wife and I have lived in New Braunfels for 25 years in Oak Run.
Mike would like to be contacted by classmates who might remember him to reminisce.

If you want to get ahold of Mike - email him at: usascott6294@gmail.com

Thanks, Gloria Campbell Gallagher '65

No comments: