Tuesday, February 09, 2016

CORNEL WALKER (Class of '65) RUNS FOR JUDGESHIP



My name is Cornel Walker, and I am running for District Judge for the 10th Judicial District of Galveston County. I have practiced law for over 40 years, handling a full spectrum of cases, both civil and criminal.

​I grew up in Navasota, Texas, and graduated from Randolph High School in San Antonio in 1965. I then attended Southwestern University in Georgetown where I received my Bachelor of Arts in History and Government in 1969. In 1973, I earned my Juris Doctor from St. Mary's University School of Law in San Antonio.  I also served as a Captain in the U. S. Army Judge Advocates General Corps (JAGC) from 1973 to 1976.

I am a member of Moody Methodist Church, the Galveston County Democratic Party, the Santa Fe Chamber of Commerce and the Galveston Noon Optimists. I am also a Board Member of the Texas Gulf Coast Coalition Against Human Trafficking.
Other activities in which I am involved include volunteering with Island ETC (East-End Theatre Company) and acting as co-host of Final Friday, a gathering of non-partisan individuals who enjoy potluck, speakers, and conversation in the manner of its founder, Molly Ivins, and its sponsor,
cornelwwalker@gmail.com

Cornel and his wife Jane in Galveston, TX

No comments: