Tuesday, July 07, 2015

John Lieberman on "Soon-to-be 'Golden' RHS-66 Grads"


I don’t know if any of you have given much thought to this, but June 1st of next year (2016) will mark the 50th anniversary of our graduation – June 1st, 1966.  What a great opportunity to plan some sort of 50th reunion for our graduating class.

Granted, June 1st falls on a Wednesday next year but what about the weekends of May 28/29 or June 4/5?  It wouldn’t have to be anything elaborate – maybe nothing more than dinner and drinks at the Barn Door or the Magic Time Machine or some other place that we used to visit for special events during our days at RHS.  But it could also be as elaborate as we want to make it.

I realize that I’m in Shreveport, LA, and that makes it a little bit more difficult for me to try to plan something on my own.  BUT – I’m going to be home in San Antonio the first week in August, to look after my 92-year-old mother while my sister takes a much-needed vacation in Colorado, and I’m sure that I could break away from the house for a couple of hours to meet with anybody who might be interested in trying to put something together.

If you’re interested, drop me an email at jlieberman37@comcast.net and let’s see what kind of plan we can come up with.  Even if you can’t get together with me during that week, drop me a line if you’ve got some ideas about what we could and should do.

It would be a shame to let this “golden” opportunity go to waste.

John Lieberman
RHS-66

1 comment:

Ro-Hawk/Gloria said...

This comment from Wayne Turner, RHS '69, is posted from an e-mail he sent.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Fellow RoHawks

Here's an idea! How about including classmates from years 65-70 or so for participating in the special occasion for the class of 66 reunion. Yes the 50th year is special and a huge milestone but we could all be there to celebrate it too. The one we had a couple years ago with Gloria at the helm (thank you again Gloria) in New Braunfels was a great success and lots of fun. Life is moving ahead quickly so why not all of us enjoy each others company again sharing fond memories! Thanks!

Wayne Turner
Class of 69