Friday, November 21, 2008

RICK NORTON '66 ---- SENIOR TRIATHLETE


Wanted to share some good news, at the end of September; 08, I competed in the TX State Senior Olympics finals in Temple and won the triathlon event for my age group. I'll be representing TX in the Nationals Sr. Olympics in the triathlon that will be held in San Francisco CA., August '09. That's me on the right and Rob Yates in the middle, he won his age group, he is a youngster at 53. I did have some wear and tear. Currently recovering from hernia surgery but should be fully recovered and back training Jan1.

Other news, Matt, 2nd son, and his wife Kristina are expecting their second child July ‘09. The mix now is all boys and all grandsons so all fingers and toes crossed for a girl.

Take care and be safe, Rick Norton, class of ’66, 361-550-7145

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Atta Boy Rick Someone has to stick up for us 60 plus guys. I'm real proud of you. Keep it up and I'm sure oyou are healed by now from your hernia surgery. I have one of those to look forward to as well. It was great seeing you at the reunion. Stay in touch and best of luck my friend. Bill Kem