Sunday, November 25, 2007


November 25, 2007


Gloria, don’t know how to post on the blog, but here is some info I’d like to share.

I started training for triathlons about 3 years ago, really enjoyed the sport. Lots of study regarding body mechanics, efficiency of motion, diet etc. My goal is to qualify for the national Sr Olympics in San Francisco June ’09. ’08 is the qualifying year; I’ll turn 60 so I’ll be the youngest in my age group in’08. In ’07 I competed in the qualifying events to get a feel for the competition and the course and wound up qualifying for the TX Sr Olympics finals in Temple last October. The sprint event was on 10/26/07, it was 43 degrees outside and the water temp was 63 degrees(outdoor pool w/o heating). Out of the group there were around 10 of us that didn’t have wet suits; needless to say I didn’t warm up until I got off the bike and into the run. We are talking serious shrinkage. Came in second. The picture is just as we were leaving the transition area.

I trust everyone had a restful Thanksgiving; thanks for all you do to keep us connected.

Rick Norton


No comments: