Tuesday, November 13, 2007

CARL MEADE - Class of '68





Hi Gloria,
Here are a couple pictures for your use. The two pictures on the left side show my crewmate, Mark Lee, attached to the orbiter's robot arm. I am flying back toward him (positioned over the tail) while performing one of the flight test maneuvers called "mission suitability." Top right picture shows me performing another part of the test flight called "handling qualities." The bottom right picture shows Mark flying towards the refueling station (i.e. 17000 mph flying gas station) while I work on some electrical and plumbing connections next to the orbiter's thermal radiators.

Take care, As for 'what's up with me and mine' -- attached is also a picture of my three boys and son number 1's fiancée. Yes, 20 years between son number 1 and son number 3 with son number 2 in the middle at 6 yrs old. (I've now figured out how this stuff happens!) So, trying to keep up with these guys keeps me off the street.


Here's a picture of my wife, Celyna, and sons Jacob (age six yrs) and Michael (age 6 wks).
Number one son is named David and his fiancée is Anna--(we're lucky, she's great!) We've moved from Palmdale to Santa Clarita (both in the southern CA area) after I left the Lockheed Skunk Works for Northrop Grumman. (yes, still working--is there ever an end?) And finally, no clarinet lately--although my dad thought I should work my way through astronaut school playing the clarinet!


Hope all is well with you, Carl carl.meade@ngc.com






No comments: