Thursday, June 14, 2007

ROBERT DEMOTTA '65

Hey, it’s me! Rob DeMotta. First time on the blog. Let me catch you up for the past 45 years. I graduated from Southwest Texas State University in 1971, did a short term in the army, and started my professional career with G E Credit Corp in San Antonio, TX. Nine years later I moved on to the car business in Killeen, Tx. In 1992, I acquired Cleo Bay Auto Group, which now consists of a Honda dealership in Killeen, a Ford store in Gatesville, and a Suzuki dealership in Austin.

I married Jan in 1979 and had 2 sons, Brandon (now 34) and Chad (25). Jan is a partner in a successful Chiropractic office in Georgetown. Brandon owns a car customized accessory business and recently moved to New York City with his wife, Lili, who is completing her PhD from the University of Texas. Chad graduated from Texas State University (was Southwest Texas State, my alma mata) and is now in training to manage my Suzuki store in Austin.

Jan and I found a home we love in Austin on Lake Travis which we’ve been customizing the last 5 years to make our own. We enjoy entertaining in our home with our family and friends, traveling, and inviting everyone for wine and sunset cruises on our boat on Lake Travis.

If you’re ever traveling to Austin, TX give us a call!

Rob & Jan DeMotta
jdemot08@yahoo.com
rdemotta@cleobayhonda.com

Pictures:
1. Robert and Jan - Halloween Costumes
2. Robert and his dog
3. Jan at Christmas
4. Brandon, Jan and Chad
5. Dinner in wine celler in Tallin, Estonia
6. Rob and his boat
7. 60th birthday party
8. Robert and his mom









































No comments: