Tuesday, May 30, 2017

A B-29 IS REBORN!

Submitted by Tom Madsen, Class of '66

This is a ‘quick video’ of an item from our ‘parents’ time.  It is worth watching, I think.  The one thing that caught my attention was that it took 30 years for these people to bring the airplane ‘to flight’.
Thanks to my friend Don for sending this to me and then onto you.
Drive ‘safely’ out there, please.
 
Tom Madsen
 
 
Subject:  A B-29 is reborn............
 
 
 
This will make you tear-up, even if you're not a flyboy...

COMMENTS:

 Thank you for this, my dad flew many missions in these wonderful planes, and thankfully, came back home to bring me into the world.I'll watch it for sure.
Best,
Martha Madsen '69
 
Wonderful story of historic restoration.  One can imagine the phantoms of all our late dads waving at the airplane as it rises in the sky.
Thomas Roberdeau '68
Not sure how this email got forwarded to me, but my dad also flew B-29's late in the Pacific WWII - 6 missions total. If he were still alive he'd be 100 years old. Thanks for sharing the video.
 
Bob Ficke '67
bobficke@gmail.com

PS The comment section is open. You should be able to add your comments. If you have a problem just email me your comment and I will add it here. Thanks, Gloria
 
 

No comments: