Saturday, September 17, 2016

RANDOLPH AFB TAJ MAHAL MOVIE THEATER RE-OPENING!!




I have often wondered if the base movie theater was still in operation.  I have a lot of great memories of seeing movies there in the 60's and I remember the service held in the theater following the assassination of President Kennedy.  Well, the theater is back.  I saw this poster in the BX the other day.  Remember the twenty-five cents admission fee?  I wonder if they will still show the film clip of the national anthem before each film like they did in the old days.


John Molleston  '68


Do you have a memory of the Base Theater? Please feel free to post your memories in the comments section below...


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was wondering the same thing about the anthem--guess standing for the National Anthem is ingrained in all of us. I remember we always sat in the same spot in the theater too. It's wonderful to know the theater is opening again for this generation.

Gloria Campbell Gallagher said...

Thank you Lynn, I remember seeing Psycho and a lot of Beatles movies there. It was strange to go to other theaters where they didn't have the National Anthem or remember those This week in the news or something like that? Also, I remember guys and girls making out in the back row! Of course I had nothing to do with that!!!