Wednesday, June 29, 2011

RICK NORTON '66 - Senior Olympian!!!

Just competed in National Sr. Olympic's triathlon in Houston this past weekend and wanted to share. Had one of those rare days when everything flowed. After a good swim and bike found myself 90 secs behind the leader. Slowly made up ground on the run and ended up 8 secs behind him; finished in 2nd place with a silver metal. Very cool event. Reconnected with many athletes from the last Nationals in San Francisco. I will be putting the competition on the back shelf for a while to recover and get some body parts well. Although that 8 seconds will stay on my mind for a while. In the back of my mind is competing internationally in 2013 as a youngster in the 65-69 age group. I would just encourage everyone to maintain as active a lifestyle as they can! Best Wishes to all. Rick Norton - Class of '66
 
 

No comments: