Friday, December 03, 2010

PEGGY McDOWELL OLIVER'S BLOG (Class of '68)

Please take some time to read Peggy's blog - I've also added the link to her blog on my "front page". After you've read her entries - please feel free to add comments to either her blog or this entry in mine.

Gloria,

I wanted to send these links to you because I thought you’re one of the people I know that would appreciate this. My dad is 86 now, and doing pretty well, but of course, we never know how much longer. He has always kept pretty quiet about his World War II experiences, since a lot of it was pretty painful (he was shot down in France and was a POW for much of the war). Recently he has started opening up and relating some of his stories, and my sister decided to get it all down for others to read, and she has posted one of these stories (in two parts) on her blog. Here are the links to the two articles:

Part 1:
http://olivercomments.blogspot.com/2010/11/prayer-of-downed-airman.html

Part 2:
http://olivercomments.blogspot.com/2010/12/luftwaffe-major.html

Thanks,

Dave McDowell "65
President
Lodging & Gaming Systems
dmcdowell@LGSreno.com
775-688-4448

No comments: