Monday, December 21, 2009

Randolph AFB Youth Center - 1961

You are absolutely not going to believe this!!! I found this newsletter when we moved to our new house recently --- It's a newsletter from the Randolph Youth Center dated September 1961. I hope you can see it - Just check out the names --- Mrs. O'Brien for one - remember her (Lovie O'Brien - Carole and Jimmy's mom - she was always there watching over us)... I know this will bring back memories or our fun times at the Youth Center. I remember one night we went outside and waited because someone said the world was coming to an end that night! I was only 12 or 13 - I'd believe anything. Oh, I still do. ha ha. The Newcomers were Tom Allen, Woody Best, Sondra Brown and Ray Lanclos. Remember Playland Park and the Rollercade. I got my first kiss on the bus going to the Rollercade - or was it Playland Park? I remember who it was tho..... Enjoy














































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How come I don't remember the news letter from the Youth Center? I remember going there a lot especially during my Jr. and Sr. years but I don't recall a news letter. I also don't remember being charged all those dimes and quarters to get in a dance or other functions, maybe I snuck in. I know I had a lot of fun there and it was a good place to hang out. Mrs. O'brien was a sweet lady that mostly let us alone.
Bill White (Schertz)