Tuesday, September 29, 2009

JERRY BALL '65



Gloria,

Two weeks ago, my oldest son Richard and his family flew down from Virginia to visit for a week. My daughter Janna drove over from Houston and, of course, Daniel lives with us. On Saturday afternoon, Richard and his wife Kathy said they were headed out to Starbucks for some coffee, but they really went to the airport and brought my second son Scott back to spend the weekend. It was a total surprise. It was the first time I had all four of my "kids" together since 2001.
This shot was taken at my parents' house. In the back row are my parents, Kathy, Richard, Janna, and Scott. In the front row are my sister Janet (RHS '67), Daniel, Richard and Kathy's daughter Ava sitting on Calla's lap, and me.

I think you met Richard, Kathy, Janna, and Daniel when you came to my retirement worship service.

Interestingly, I hadn't told my parents in advance that Richard, Kathy, and Ava were coming so when we arrived at their house I asked Mom if it was a surprise. She said, "Well, not really. I saw on Richard's Facebook page that he had bought tickets for Texas, so I figured we'd see him soon." I hadn't known that Mom did Facebook!

Jerry



No comments: