Wednesday, February 14, 2007

SKINNY TIE FUNCTION - CLASS OF '66



Hi everyone.

I was in Houston for a few days and Nancy Head and I were able to connect for a few hours. She let me 'borrow' the attached photo: skinny ties - 1965. First.........Look at that attachment........ and see if you can identify the (8) dudes.

Then open the second attachment for the names with the faces. I think that it was some function in 1965. Does anyone remember what "party" would FORCE US to wear the suits and ties???

By the way; does anyone know an email address or phone number for:

a) Linda Becker?
b) Pat Manganelo?
c) anyone else from class of 1966?

thanks,

Tom
tom.madsen@earthlink.net

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief, Charlie Brown! (To borrow a line from the late Charles Shulz) Not just skinny ties but tie clips, too! Anybody still have one (or more) taking up space in your jewelry box or other repository for unused bling from the past?!? 8<{)

John
JLIEBERMAN@SPORT.RR.COM

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me (and everyone else) of what a dork I was. Anyone know where Chris Braeunig is or how to get ahold of him?

Jimmy
jdieterich@wsteele.com

Anonymous said...

No Jimmy, It's a group of dorks. Maybe it was a dork meeting. The ear on the right is Frank Corbin, I think. It could have been dork golfers meeting except for Chris (and Frank). I bet Hal was President because he is wearing the 1960's collection of the Ewell Gibbons jacket.
I just noticed Dietrich has a condom sticking out of his pocket and is making the class secret sign with his hands. Must have been a formal. Maybe next year we'll get dates.
Wake Tom up, it's time to go home.
This was the year Monahan turned 14 and Rick discovered the comb.
Darrell and I were forced to be there.

Jeff Lindley
jlindley@satx.rr.com

Anonymous said...

The occasion was the Class of '66's senior class dance @ the RAFB Officers Club....took me a bit of time but I finally took a clue from the fashionable curtains........

Anonymous said...

The "dudes" are wearing senior class rings........I don't think the photo was taken in 1965....maybe '66